The people of Gelegelegbene, an Ijaw community in Ovia North-East Local...Read More
The aim and objective of Gelegele-gbene Community is as follows;
- To foster closer relationship and to provide the welfare amongst Gelegele-gbene indigenes at home and abroad.
- To help solve in any way within the capacity of the Community, the Social, Economic and Political problems of the Izon people.
- To Educate and enlighten the people of Gelegele Community in any matters affecting them through Lectures, Symposia, Meetings etc.
- To promote the Izon culture and to encourage the advancement of education of the Izon people.
- To promote unity amongst the Izons in particular and Nigerians in General.
- To work together with any other body that has similar objectives if and when necessary.
Newly Inaugurated Executives of GELEGELE
A New Executive of Gelegele-gbene Community has been Sworn into Office...Read More
Peregbe Dancers of Gelegele-gbene
Cultural Dance Displayed by Gelegele Peregbe Dancing Crew During the Inauguration/Swearing...Read More
ABOUT GELEGELE COMMUNITY
Love, Unity and Progress
Executives of GELEGELE to pilot the Affairs of the Community
REPORT OF THE HOUSE STANDING COMMITTEE ON OIL AND GAS ON A PETITION TITLED “PLIGHT OF OKAO GELE-GELE”
At the plenary of the house on Wednesday, 30th January 2013, Mr. Speaker announced the receipt of a petition titled ‘Plight of Okao Gele-Gele” written by one Mr. Philip Ibhagbe Okoh & Co. Legal Practitioners Dated 2nd July, 2013. He thereafter referred the petition to the house standing committee on oil and gas to investigate and report back to the house.
BRIEF HISTORY OF OIL EXPLORATION AND EXPLOITATION ACTIVITIES IN GELEGELE (GELEGELE-GBENE)
In 1956, a team of Europeans, Oil (Black Gold) magnates in the form of the Anglo-Dutch Oil Giant, Shell D’Archy, now Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
THE PROGENITOR (FOUNDER) (AMA-BAWEI, AMANANAWEI) OF UGHOTON- (UGOUDOU, UGOUTAN) ORAL TRADITIONAL HISTORY OF OUR FOREBEARS
The Progenitor or founder of Gelegelegbene or Gelegele is PA. IKPITI OLUGBO. Gelegelegbene or Gelegele was founded several Centuries ago.
IKPITI OLUGBO had several sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters. Some of them were canoe carvers, others were fishermen and women and traders. PRINCE AMATEME was one of the sons of PA. IKPITI. PRINCE AMATEME was a canoe carver/builder. The Business of canoe carving /building involves the use of very big, hard wood, such as Mahogany, Obeche, Iron wood, Mastonia wood, and Wallnut trees, PRINCE AMATEME founded a canoe building / carving settlement which he called “ UGOUDOU / UGUOTAN”.